White Knight Global Logistics Pty Ltd ACN 065 824 580 (WKGL, we, us, our) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which set the standard for how we deal with your personal information.
1. What personal information we collect about you and how we collect it
Personal information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act and includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
How we collect personal information
In general, WKGL collects personal information about its customers, business partners, contractors, suppliers, prospective employees, and the employees of its contractors, corporate customers and suppliers.
In the course of providing you with products and services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly.
In some cases, we will collect information about you from a third party. For example, if you are a customer, we may collect your personal information from business partners that help us provide our services to you. If you are an employee of a corporate customer, contractor or supplier, we may also collect your personal information from your colleagues or employer.
At the time we collect your person information, or as soon as practicable after we have done so, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify you of the collection and of matters relevant to the collection, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- or your employer engages us to provide our services;
- make an enquiry about our products and/or services (through our website (whiteknight.com.au) (Website));
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- or your employer provides us with goods or services;
- or your employer becomes a corporate customer, contractor or supplier of WKGL;
- visit or use our Website;
- apply as a candidate for a position of employment with WKGL,
or otherwise interact with us in your capacity as a customer, supplier, contractor or other person with or to form a business relationship with us.
The personal information we collect
We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary to providing the service, product or information you have requested from us.
Depending on who you are (for example, a customer, supplier, or contractor to WKGL) and how you interact with us, we may collect and hold different personal information about you.
In general, you can assume that we may collect and hold the following personal information about you:
- address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
- evidence of identity;
- credit applications;
- letters of authority;
- details about you to assist in managing our relationship with you; and
- details of the products or services we have provided to you or about which you have enquired, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries.
If you are a prospective employee, we may collect details about your employment history and other details about you to assist with the recruitment process. We may collect this information from you directly, or from a recruiter.
If you are an employee or officer of a corporate customer, supplier or contractor, we may collect personal information about the business that you represent.
2. Purpose of collection
We collect personal information primarily to:
- provide you with the products, services and information that you request from us;
- contact you in connection with the provision of products and services, and manage our relationship with you or your organisation;
- provide you with information about WKGL’s products and services;
- suggest WKGL products and services to you; and
- comply with legislative and government requirements (including the Customs Act 1901 (Cth)) and the requirements of our broker licence.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also use or disclose your personal information:
- to provide customer support, including by assist you with enquiries or complaints;
- to develop and improve the services, products and communications we provide, as well as our customer service and relationships;
- in connection with the provision of our services, for billing, communications or account management purposes; and
- to comply with our legal obligations (including to comply with any law or any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority), resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our customers, and enforce our agreements with third parties (such as your employer).
We may use information collected through our website for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at our Website.
- are a supplier to us, we may collect your personal information primarily to contact you for business purposes and manage our relationship with you or your organisation; or
- are an employee or officer of a corporate customer, contractor, agent or supplier to WKGL, we may collect your personal information primarily to contact you for business purposes and manage our relationship with you or your organisation.
We may use your name, email address, telephone number and information about your interactions and enquiries with us for direct marketing purposes. Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of any of our marketing communications. We will respect your request to decline to receive these marketing communications.
3. Sharing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- government agencies such as Australian Border Force (ABF), Department of Home Affairs (DHA), Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (DAWE), Australian Taxation Office (ATO), Australian Federal Police (AFP) and State police agencies;
- banks involved in facilitating the services we provide to our customers;
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include IT service providers, consultants, shipping, freight, transport, logistics and customs broker providers, marketing service providers, payment processing services and other professional service providers as required from time to time);
- our professional advisors and agents;
- if you are an employee of one of WKGL’s corporate customers, contractors or suppliers, WKGL may also disclose your personal information to your employer; and
- if you are a contractor, supplier or business partner, we may disclose your personal information to customers or potential customers.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us with providing the best possible service to you, which, in relation to end-users, includes managing warranty claims.
Those third parties will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to WKGL or to you. WKGL takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Depending on how you engage with us, we may provide your personal information to recipients in Mexico, USA, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, Jordan, Qatar, UAE, Kenya, South Africa, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Spain, Turkey, UK, China, Malaysia, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada, South Korea and Switzerland. We have associate business relationships with businesses in these countries. We are not otherwise likely to disclose information to overseas recipients unless it is with your consent, or the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless:
- the disclosure is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
4. Quality of your personal information
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
If you believe that the information we hold is not, or is no longer, true, accurate, current, or complete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
5. Securing your personal information
We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technological measures to protect your personal information.
We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
7. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have a right to request access to, or the correction of, your personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions allowed by law. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request for access or correction. If we refuse your request we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about that refusal.
8. Change in control of WKGL
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of WKGL, any entity in the WKGL Group or our business or control thereof to another entity (including in the course of a transaction like a sale, merger or acquisition or as part of a dissolution, liquidation, administration, receivership or other form of insolvency), you agree that your personal information that is held by WKGL may be disclosed to a third party, prospective buyer, transferee or insolvency practitioner and that this is reasonable to enable that party to continue or manage the business.
If you have a complaint about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs, please contact our Privacy Officer at the details set out below.
In your complaint, please set out the details of your complaint and your contact details. Our Privacy Officer will contact you to acknowledge your request and ask for any other applicable information. Our Privacy Officer will then investigate the issue and advise you in writing of the outcome.
You can also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Further information is available at www.oaic.gov.au.
10. Contacting us
Our contact details in respect of any issues in relation to privacy are:
Telephone: + 61 (0) 7 3399 4353
Post: Attention: Privacy Officer
White Knight Global Logistics Pty Ltd
PO Box 700, Bulimba, Queensland, 4171