EcoVadis - CSR Accreditation
EcoVadis is a holistic sustainability ratings service of companies, delivered via a global cloud-based SaaS
The EcoVadis Rating covers a broad range of non-financial management systems including Environmental, Labour & Human Rights, Ethics and Sustainable Procurement impacts.
The term CSR refers to Sustainable Development issues applied to business.
The ISO 26000 standard defines CSR as: an organization’s responsibility for the impacts of its decisions and activities on society and the environment, through transparent and ethical behaviour that:
- contributes to Sustainable Development, including health and the welfare of society;
- takes into account the expectations of stakeholders;
- is in compliance with applicable law and consistent with international norms of behaviour;
- and is integrated throughout the organization and implemented in its relations.
The 6 core subjects listed by ISO 26000 are:
- Human rights
- Labour practices
- The environment
- Fair operating practices
- Consumer issues
- Community involvement and development